Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour
×



Details

Submitted on
August 7, 2012
Image Size
10.2 MB
Resolution
4000×4000
Link
Thumb
Embed

Stats

Views
5,089
Favourites
401 (who?)
Comments
11
Downloads
454
×
Orchard Sunsets by machinimator Orchard Sunsets by machinimator
Fanart for the Fanfiction "Yours Truly" by :iconthanqol:. It gave me feels.

"Well, the sun's been setting as I've been writing this. I'm at Bay Hill Lookout right now, looking out over the orchards. Sky's red and gold, with big clouds like some clumsy painter spilled his ink all over his masterpiece. Normally I come up here to plan, helps me divide the fields in my eyes as well as my head. Downside of which means that this place feels like work. But writing this letter has really unwound me, and I'm noticing just how nice it is up here for the first time in a really, really long time. Wish you were here, Twilight. Wish I could be telling you all this in person."

Read it here: [link]

Largely practice in drawing scenery, trees and clouds in particular. Applejack's shading and colors makes me want to stab my eyes out, but ok.
Add a Comment:
 
:iconmetalorbust:
metalorbust Featured By Owner May 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
i'm 32% impressed..............the other 68% amazed
Reply
:iconballman64:
Ballman64 Featured By Owner Mar 29, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Stunning work. Looks great!
Reply
:iconmarksfromskills:
marksfromskills Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
looks amazing! :D
Reply
:iconthewrongesttrousers:
TheWrongestTrousers Featured By Owner Oct 23, 2012  Student Digital Artist
This is fantastic!
Reply
:iconkuroitsubasatenshi:
KuroiTsubasaTenshi Featured By Owner Sep 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Love the serene "done for the day" type feel you've got going on.
Reply
:iconthanqol:
Thanqol Featured By Owner Sep 8, 2012  Student Digital Artist
That's beautiful, thank you so much.
Reply
:iconjaref:
Jaref Featured By Owner Sep 8, 2012
Loved Yours Truly, such a beautiful story. :heart:

This image is lovely. Great work on the scenery!
Reply
:icononyx123:
Onyx123 Featured By Owner Sep 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Beautiful ^^
Reply
:iconswanlullaby:
SwanLullaby Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Excellent artwork!
Reply
:iconmoriiko:
Moriiko Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2012  Student General Artist
those trees freakin gorgeous
Reply
Add a Comment: